Centrifuge 5418 (EU-IVD), non-refrigerated, with Rotor FA-45-18-11 and rotor lid, 230 V/50 – 60 Hz
- Max. rotor capacity: 18 × 1.5/2.0 mL vessels
- Max. speed: 16,873 × g (14,000 rpm) for quick separation
- Small footprint and low access height of 23 cm
- OptiBowl® design for quiet operation – even without a rotor lid
- Eppendorf QuickLock® rotor allows for fast and ergonomic lid locking
- Soft-touch one-finger lid closure for ergonomic operation
- Temperature range from 0 °C to +40 °C
- Guaranteed temperature of 4 °C at maximum rotational speed
- FastTemp function for quick pre-cooling and maximum temperature accuracy inside the rotor
- ECO power shut-off engages after 8 hours of nonuse to reduce energy consumption (46 % over night) and extend compressor life (can be deactivated)
The Centrifuge 5418/5418 R is designed for separating liquid substance mixtures with different densities, in particular, for processing and analyzing samples from the human body in in-vitro diagnostic applications to ensure that the in-vitro diagnostic device can be used according to its intended purpose. This centrifuge including components is an in-vitro diagnostic device according to Directive 98/79/EC of the European Parliament and the Council dated October 27, 1998. Eppendorf centrifuges are exclusively intended for indoor use by trained specialists.
Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid-, sample-, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Its product range includes pipettes and automated pipetting systems, dispensers, centrifuges, mixers, spectrometers, and DNA amplification equipment as well as ultra-low temperature freezers, fermentors, bioreactors, CO2 incubators, shakers, and cell manipulation systems. Consumables such as pipette tips, test tubes, microtiter plates, and single-use bioreactor vessels complement the range of highest-quality premium products.